Thursday, November 11, 2010

behind again...

I'll admit, I have NO excuse for being this far behind.  I have a long list of blog worthy events in my life... yet I have not made the time to actually post them.  Please accept my sincere apology.  Volleyball is now over, and I will make every effort to post more regularly.  Especially about football playoffs - my hubby and his boys are district champions, the first victory on their road to state!!  Go Lions!!

I'm heading to the metroplex today - with the puppies.  The first round play-off game is in Springtown, an hour or so from my folks' house.  I'm also taking a personal day tomorrow - woo hoo, mini vacation - to spend some time with my parents since I barely ever see them anymore.  :(  The hubby has to stay in Brownwood to work all weekend, boo.

Let's start today's recap with my birthday... umm, October 26.  :)  I can't honestly say that I remember all my previous birthdays, but I can, without a doubt, say that this one was one of the worst.  It started with a great trip to the doctor's office... and some great medication - that didn't work.  It ended with a 4 hour school bus ride to Big Spring, where my volleyball team lost - and then a 4 hour school bus ride home.  Yuck!!  Overall, terrible birthday... day.

Ty and I celebrated my birthday the night before - lots of presents came my direction.  WAY more than I expected... I don't know how he did it all without me knowing.  He's just that super!!  He got me some great books - historical fiction, i.love.it.  He also got me Zelda for the Wii and a new phone cover, a girlie pink & black otterbox.  :)

I was also lucky enough to celebrate my birthday AGAIN... on Saturday, October 30.  We went to a delicious steakhouse in Buffalo Gap - called Perini Ranch!  It was incredibly good!  I'm not much of a meat eater most days, but the fried catfish was to die for, honestly.  I can't wait to go back again.  Ty's folks, sister and brother-in-law went with us - it was such a good time.  Here a few pictures of our trip...






Thanks Lang Gang for a great night of fellowship and food.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment