Monday, September 20, 2010

Our Weekend

Let's start by defining "weekend" in coaches' terms... the limited hours we have without our athletes and colleagues on days that start with 'S'.  For Ty and I - this usually means Saturday late afternoon starting about 2:30-3, church Sunday, and then we end with another few hours starting about 5:30-6.  N.I.C.E. I know.  This weekend was no exception... but we made the most of our time together.



This weekend was the 10th annual Brownwood Reunion - AKA - huge deal in town.  I'm talking they close half the city off for a midway, venders, races, and concerts.  We scored our tickets early for a mere $10 - this is for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday - concerts included.  Obviously we weren't planning on getting the full use out of them, but the headliner Saturday night was Kevin Fowler - love him!

We walked down to the vendor section of the Reunion a little before supper time on Saturday night.  I didn't know what to expect, but I was surprisingly a little disappointed.  I was hoping to find something cute to commemorate our first Brownwood Reunion - I found nothing.  We took one rather quick spin and decided to get a drink for the walk home.  Our choice - fresh squeezed cherry limeade.  Sounds delicious - tasted awful.  I am not a spitter - I never spit, but I spit the entire walk home, trying to get the awful taste out my mouth.  Gross and unladylike, I know, but I just could not handle it.

We ate a little supper then headed down to the train depot for the Kevin Fowler concert.  WOW - there were a lot of people there.  We snagged some pretty decent seats... and sat down to wait.  At about 10:20pm we were surprised with a nice fireworks show in honor of our troops.  We were impressed, well done Brownwood.  The concert was pretty good - we enjoyed it.

Hope you had a fun filled weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment